Monday, November 22, 2010

The Constant Reminder

It's funny.  Just about the time I get engrossed in something immediate or distracted by a specific thing my constant reminder drags me back to fear.  My constant reminder is my pain.  I'll be having a great day, enjoying my son, and the beauty of life and all of the sudden the ache in my breast begins. In a few minutes the ache progresses into sharp pain and a fullness feeling causing pressure.  There are mornings that I have woken up with the pain and days that it does not show up until the end of the day.  This morning I woke up and did not feel the pain initially but after getting up and getting going it began.  Within about 10-15 minutes of being awake my armpit was aching terribly.  I told my husband I feel like I have done 50 butterfly"s on one arm.  It really hurts. After about 20-30 minutes that ache started spreading to my breast.  The outer left side.  Same side as calcifications, lump, and biopsy.  The sharp pain to the nipple and extreme pressure stayed away(Thank Goodness!) but the ache was intense.  The ache IS intense.  I took some more rapid release Tylenol and felt some relief soon but the worry.  The strong sense of my body is sending me signals that I can't read exactly is driving me crazy!  The not knowing is hard but is even harder with my constant reminder.  Every time I begin to focus on the now and forget it all for a moment, the pain returns to bring me back to reality.  The reality of not knowing.  The pain in the armpit concerns me because it has happened about a half dozen times since the biopsy but I had not noticed it prior to that at all.  I wondered if I should call the Dr. but I felt like they did not really take the pain conversations seriously thus far so why would this one be any different.  I know my surgery won't be moved up so I'll just wait and tell someone at the pre-op appointment on the 29th. I just hope... whatever they take out, whatever they figure out, it makes this reminder GO AWAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment