Tuesday, November 16, 2010

I'm 30 yrs. old & Just getting to the Good Stuff!

        I’m 30 years old.  Everyone seemed to think turning 30 would be traumatic some how but it was not.  The belief that age is just a number has always been deeply rooted in my core.  I despise those women who are sooooo embarrassed by their age.  They avoid their birthday and act like the number itself is some giant unknown mystery.  Absolute Ridiculousness!  Having worked in a variety of fields requiring women to be somewhat exposed and vulnerable(weight loss and high-end swimwear) I have seen it all.  I have seen 53 year old women who run marathons and have an unparalleled zeal for life.  I have also seen 25 year old women who barely move (except to find food and the remote) and hide from life avoiding any real  experiences or relationships.  Women at any age can be HOT and happy if they take proper care of themselves and pay a little attention to their style.  These positive examples of women are what made me unafraid to turn 30.  I am young.  I am healthy and strong.  I am highly focused on nutrition and overall health.  I am in love and blessed to be the mother of a wonderful little boy.  I know what I want to achieve in life, though the process to fulfilling it has been long and difficult.  Some would say I am just getting to the good stuff!  At 30, I have a stronger sense of who I am, what I believe, and what makes me happy.  I am a better wife and lover, a better mother, a better citizen, a better friend.  My husband has a great new job and is solidly on his path to success professionally and I am focused on returning to school to finish up my degree.  Life is Good.  So, how does it make sense that I am about to have a surgical biopsy to determine whether or not I have breast cancer.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment