Wednesday, November 17, 2010

The Wait for The Date

So.... I waited.  I researched.  I read countless papers published in medical journals and books about ALH(atypical lobular hyperplasia).  The information was so conflicting it caused me to want even more to dig and discover what actually was going on within me and if there really is a chance I could have cancer? I prayed. I cried. I read scripture. I waited.  All day Monday my cell phone was glued to my hand.  Nothing.  They had said it might be Tuesday though.  So, all day Tuesday my cell phone was glued to my hand. Nothing.  We sit down to eat dinner at about 7:15p.m. and my phone is charging in the bedroom.  I hear Katy Perry singing(California Girls is my ringtone) but I know it's not the Dr.'s office this late so I don't answer it.  My husband is curious so he gets up from the table to see who called.  They left a message!  It was the freaking Dr.'s office at 7:15p.m.!!!!!  I listen to the message and she says, "Hi, this is Marilyn, Dr. Chow's nurse and I am calling to let you know we have you scheduled for surgery.  I will be out of the office the rest of the week but you can ask for Bernadette and she can give you the information as well.  Have a good night!"  What!!!!!!!!!  Are you kidding me!!!!!!!  She couldn't have just given me a date on the message. Or called a little earlier!  I called the next day at 8:00a.m., they weren't open yet.  I called back at 8:40a.m. and found out from Bernadette(who I think just read some notes off the computer) that my surgery was scheduled for November 30 and I should be receiving some information pertaining to it in the mail.  WoW!!!! That was a month away!  How am I going to survive a month of this Waiting and wondering and worrying and analyzing?

No comments:

Post a Comment