Tuesday, November 30, 2010

My Wait is Over

    Today is the day!  I'm a little nervous and frustrated that I can't eat or drink anything thing until like 5:00 tonight.  My surgery isn't until late after noon.  Coffee....I need you!  My stomach is already bothering me and I suspect I'll be "urping" all day, which is quite embarrassing.  Finally, we are going to get some answers!  I just want to understand what is going on within my body.  Why am I in sooo much pain?  What is this lump?  Why does it feel like fluid is trapped there?  And yes, do I have cancer?  But just an answer to the cancer question will not satisfy me.  I want explanations! I go in for surgery prep at 11:00, have wire placement(oouch!) at 1:30 and surgery at 2:30.  Surgery will take about an hour and about 45 min. for me to wake up.  Will I want to eat?  Will I be nauseous? I've never done this before and just don't know.  I'm not alone!  God has been and will be with me all the way.  So will my amazing husband.  He's afraid but I asked him to be brave for me today.  I need him to calm me if needed and distract me.  I love my life, my family and friends and hope that in a few days this really will all be over.

No comments:

Post a Comment